Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Slickity Jim's Chat n' Chew

Girls day out last Saturday, we started with brunch at Slickity Jim's Chat n' Chew :) One of my girl friends has been telling me about their portobello mushroom burger but I've never had a chance to try it out, and that was before their move after the fire incident. Now years (I think... already right?) later I'm finally here to try their food. We actually tried to do it once before but the wait was too long we gave up and went else where. This time, there's only three of us and we showed up around 11am. There were only about 4 people in front of us waiting. I didn't know you are supposed to put your name down on the chalkboard waiting list by the door. So I stood there for a while before I finally decided to ask the people in front of me if they were waiting too and they were nice enough to tell me to put my name down :P





 




I would say there is enough veggie stuff to pick from the breakfast/brunch menu. At least one or two items from each section. I was gonna get a veggie sandwich but stopped by my friend. We ended up picking three vegetarian omelettes to share. Still no portobello mushroom burger for me because it's on the dinner menu. I didn't really ask if they serve burgers in the morning though, but it was so hot that day I didn't really feel like eating a whole burger. The ventilation inside the restaurant didn't help either :( It was really hot, just happens that we picked one of the hottest days in Vancouver to eat here. No one else complained either. We even saw four big guys sitting in a small booth together, don't know how they did it :O  

Jam 

Olive my love

Cheesy fun guy

Veggie omelette

I had my omelette with potatoes, other two girls had salads, and we all had marble rye toasts. I finished mine and was very full but neither of them quite finished their plates. The portions are pretty good, the eggs might be a little bit on the dry side but overall not bad. We each had our own favourites I guess but being able to try all three was nice :) The service was pretty friendly too despite of the hotness and busyness. I know I would be back again to try the burger sometimes.

Slickity Jim's Chat n' Chew on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment