Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simply Thai

Friend who works in Yaletown recently discovered this new Thai place by his work and he would not stop talking about having it too often, which made me craved for Thai really bad. I even googled up Thai restaurants downtown and to my surprise, there aren't that many and I've been to almost all of them already. So finally I said we'll be having Thai food for lunch and that's that.


Inside






Simply Thai is located close by the Yaletown-Roundhouse skytrain station. Most tables were occupied when we got there. We had seven people, a few smaller tables were put together for us at a sort of secluded area right by the entrance. The restaurant is not too big but very cozy. After we sat down, we were told 15% gratuity would be charged for parties of 6 or more. The waiter was very friendly and attentive.

You can check out their lunch and dinner menu on their website - Simply Thai

In addition to the usual vegetarian Thai curry and pad thai, they have a few more other vegetarian dishes on the menu. Two of my friends ordered vegetarian dishes that day too.



Pra Rak - Steamed broccoli, deep fried tofu, topped with homemade peanut sauce.


Pad Tao Hoo - Stir fried tofu with bell peppers, onion, eggplant red Thai chili paste and fresh Thai basil.


Vegetarian Yellow Curry


There were complementary veggie spring rolls for everyone before the meal but I forgot to take a picture. It was pretty good. I ordered the yellow curry. For me, the curry was pretty spicy. I finished all my rice but still had half a bowl of curry left. I would recommend to have your order non-spicy if you don't take heat well. I tried some of my friend's stir fries too and I liked it. I saw some of the reviews saying that the food is not authentic, but I really don't know what authentic Thai food tastes like but I thought the food was really good, one of the good ones out of the Thai restaurants I've had. The service was great too, thought the 15% tip was worth it. I know I would be coming back to Simply Thai for my Thai cravings for sure :)


Simply Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment