Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Giovane Cafe

This is again from a while back. That morning I saw a friend's Facebook post with a picture of a couple nyc taxis parked on the streets of downtown Vancouver, it looked pretty interesting, so at lunch I wanted to go check it out and see what was going on. I thought maybe they might have been filming Fringe.

Very cool to see a nyc subway entrance in Vancouver :)


We asked a nice girl staff and she told us it wasn't a movie or anything special, just something for Nickelodeon.

Since there was nothing else to see, we kept on walking towards the water and see what was good to eat around the area. Then we walked passed by Giovane Cafe.




Inside.


Very busy when we went, most seats were taken up so we decided just to grab whatever's available and eat back at work.

To be honest I didn't know what to expect, or I guess I didn't have a high expectation for the sandwich since I usually prefer hot ones over cold. They don't really have names for the sandwiches, just whatever is inside is written on the sticker on the sandwich wrap. I learned that Fontina is a type of cheese that day :D


Found there was a little bit of onions inside when I opened it up to take a picture before I took a bite. To my surprise, the sandwich was really really good :) I enjoyed it a lot. It turned out to be a good lunch adventure.


I just realized that Giovane Cafe is not on Urbanspoon yet, so there's no link for the address and other reviews for it. You can find out more about it on Giovane Cafe's website.
It's located at
1038 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hours: Daily 6:00am – 10:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment